Returns & Warranties
Before You Return Your Product...
Our technical support engineers are trained to troubleshoot your application problems. Please contact us at +1 647-417-0520 for assistance.
RMA number will be provided
A purchase order for $300.00 USD is required for primary repair assessment, please have this ready to submit, once the RMA is provided
Standard Repair Charges
- A purchase order for $300.00 USD is required for primary repair assessment, please have this ready to submit, once the RMA is provided.
- Once the product is assessed, we will contact you with the repair charges, if the repair charges are accepted the Assessment fee of $300.00 USD is waived and the repair price is in effect.
- In the event that the repair fee is not accepted the Assessment charge of $300.00 USD is applied.
- We require a P.O. for the repair assessment of the product, once the RMA has been issued and the product is in transit to our offices.
- We require a P.O. for all repair charges prior to return shipping the product.
Charges for NON-WARRANTY repairs:
- RMA fee: $300.00 for all products.
- Board-level products: Price provided after assessment fee of $300.00, the Assessment fee will be waived once a repair price is approved.
- If repair is not approved, the RMA fee will be charged of $300.00.
No Defect Found (NDF) Charges
- In the event no product defects are found on a warrantied or non-warrantied product, NDF fee of $300.00 will apply.
Rush Repair Charges
- Rush repair services (48 hours) are available on certain warrantied and non-warrantied products.
- Rush repair fee: 25% of overall unit repair, plus standard repair charges.
Octagon warrants that any system level product and components within systems of its manufacture shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship for 14 months from date of purchase.
If an obsolete product is returned for repair, efforts will be made to repair the product. This may not be possible if parts are unavailable. If the product is still within the warranty period and a replacement product is not available, a credit may be given.
For resale items like displays, we extend the manufacturer's warranty to one year. Batteries, fuses and opto modules are not accepted for repair.
Additional Terms & Conditions
Octagon understands that customers may need to alter their systems for their final configuration. Octagon recognizes that some of these alterations will be done for convenience or proprietary reasons.
Customers must notify Octagon Systems technical support prior to altering originally configured systems. This will provide Octagon with a better understanding of the usage of its systems and any issues that may arise from the alterations. Octagon does not guarantee the proper operation of systems after alteration, and the decision to proceed is at the sole discretion of the customer.
Octagon strongly urges any additions to systems only where sockets are provided. Alterations to the system components are expressly forbidden and shall void the warranty.
After repair, each Octagon system is tested prior to delivery using production test software. As a result, any settings altered by the customer, data and customer installed software will be lost. It is strongly recommended that customers make a backup copy of their settings prior to sending the unit for repair. In some cases it may be necessary to remove customer- added hardware to return the system to its original configuration.
Octagon will not be held responsible for damage caused by added hardware. Customer-added hardware will not be tested by Octagon.
Damage done to the system due to customer-added hardware will void any warranty. It is also mandatory that all work done to these systems be completed in a ESD safe environment.